Pages

Mar 26, 2012

Long Hiatus

It's been a while. Got really busy with school and a little burned out, but I'm back making some slight progress.

Decided to redo the base. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that the blue foam wouldn't work. So I got a piece of MDF board and sealed it before adding some cork and plastruct to it. Here are some photos of what I have been working on:

Here is the MDF board with the new layout. Taking a long layoff can really open your eyes to see flaws in a project! I changed it up a bit because it just didn't make sense before. Now, it seems more realistic, more feasible and like this layout could actually be real, looking at photos. Have the Cafe still towards the rear there, with lines laid for the sidewalk and road, then the other two buildings. The outline on the left towards front will be the destroyed house and the right will be the music shop. The lines in between will be the road that E company comes up. I will be "digging" a ditch after laying some sculpt-a-mold (8 bucks at the hobby shop VS 25 at Michael's/Hobby Lobby!) and make a sort of downhill thing with the terrain. It will be fun!


Michael's had some sweet cork board paper! It was in the scrapbook aisle and totally came in handy for making the road as the sheets were the perfect size and super thin. After painting and distressing it, the cork will look like a cobbled street...hopefully!

Next, I started laying down the Plastruct (same thickness as the cork sheets) for the sidewalk. I scribed lines into it ever 2 feet (in 1/35th scale) to make it look like concerete. The sidewalk will be painted gray. I still need to add the half rounds for the curb...but I might use cork pieces for that...just depends.

And lastly I finished up the music shop's plaster walls! Finally. Couldn't get the same texture as the 2 walls before (different plaster brand) but they came out well. Need to wall paper them and get some windows in next. Have to build floors for it as well. I have the piano together, it just needs some paint.


That's what I have been working on this weekend. Am now working on wallpapering and terrain as well as figs. Still so much to do! Til next time.

Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment