Pages

Sep 11, 2011

The interior/Bricks

Alright! So I finished the windows, not the dormer, though :(  But I found some awesome renderings of the town Carentan I am depicting from the Band of Brothers series...These aren't actual photos, someone did a fantastic job rendering these in a photo program. Pretty awesome! So I'm using them as a reference.

This first photo is the left side of the Cafe down a ways, the building on the right here is a building I am not building. I am also not building the warehouse, which is the building on the left...follow the photo down the left side and you see the side of the Cafe, which I am currently working on.

 This is the other side of the Cafe, and I am going to build the building that's right next to the Cafe, as well as the two across the street. Between those two buildings is the road in which Easy Company comes down in the episode. 

A more direct view of the Cafe with the building on the left ruined. The building on the left is a house and is the same building on the left as the photo above, just a different view of it.

Here is some wallpaper I found online and scaled down to use in the first floor of the Cafe


Here's the joists for the first ceiling/second floor. I cut out little squares and filled them with glue, then stuck the joists in. They are just balsa wood.



Here's the front window installed and broken up. I made the panes from a clear sheet of thicker plastic, got it for a good deal at the hobby shop. I have tried resin before, but didn't like how long it took to cure and the mess it made, so I decided on this method instead. I'm actually quite proud of how they turned out!



 Here's a little cup filled with cork cut into "bricks" for use on the front of the building

Here's the bricks on the front. The Cafe is brick covered in plaster, with some wear and tear. The bricks show through in some spots, but I wanted to show the bricks on the sides of the building as well.


Here's the inside of the first floor with the wallpaper all covered. I used rubber cement to glue down the wallpaper, as it was simply printed on matte photo paper







Here's the second story ceiling/third floor installed. The ceiling is just Artist's Watercolor paper, the thicker stuff. The texture of it is really nice for a plaster ceiling as it is, and easy to cut.


Til next time!

2 comments: