Pages

Sep 27, 2011

Windows complete!

I made lots of progress the last couple of days. I started laying out the plan on the styrofoam and worked on the buildings.
Here we go!

This is the blue stuff I'm using:

It's the thicker stuff just to make sure everything holds up. I can also dig down into it a bit for the ditches on the side of the axis road E Co is coming up into Carentan


Here's the plan taped to the blue stuff so I can make the marks with the blade and take a Sharpie to it to create the lines


With the Sharpie lines from the layout, just the basics


Here's the start of the furniture store


I thought I would have to yet again re-do the Cafe, but I was able to salvage the front of the building. I tore it apart and re-cut sides..the ones here are the old ones, all warped and gross.


Here's the bricks glued onto the destroyed house. I went ahead and glued them back on because the contrast in texture will be greater, and there's less of a chance of me getting gesso all over the place and covering up the brick work


Here's the furniture shop with windows installed. I got ALL the glass in ALL the buildings today, including the Cafe re-do windows! I'm much happier with them now!


Here's the rear wall of the destroyed house, before weathering


Here's a shot of the windows installed in the Cafe


Here's the destroyed house before the rear wall is installed, complete with door frame and windows with glass!


Here's the three buildings together as they are now, all looking wonderful and complimentary. The crooked destroyed house is crooked because there are pins holding in the floor while the glue dries.


Here's a better shot of the destroyed house as it is now before roof installation. The rest of the week will hopefully see some figs start coming more together now that I've got the buildings this far. I need to practice my gesso application skills before I start on the buildings. I don't want to redo another building!


thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment