Pages

Sep 29, 2011

Gesso=plaster

Tonight, I finally started some work on the one little fig that's together. His hand got a little melted during some surgery, so I'm gonna have to cut it off and give him a new one!



Here's the DAS air dry clay glued onto the foam where the walls were hit by the artillery. While it was still damp, I scored and molded it to look like broken stonework.



I started applying the gesso to the outside tonight after I taped off the frames. I painted the gesso on with a crappy brush, then took a putty knife and smoothed out the brushstrokes to make it look like plaster.


Another shot of the gesso covering the stonework and the bricks a bit


Here's the rear of the bulding


I realized that a one room house doesn't make any sense, so I was able to add in a broken wall with a door frame to help separate and create another room inside


Here's another shot of the gesso, on the chimney. Good texture shown in this photo


The broken wall still needs to be weathered and the frame painted, but it looks much better now!


I'll be working on some furniture this weekend after I go to the hobby shop to pick up a few things. Til then!

1 comment: